COSHH Course Duration: Half day
Maximum number of delegates: 12
To provide delegates with an understanding of the requirements under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations, recognise the implications and requirements of COSHH and apply them in the workplace. To enable delegates to carry out simple risk assessments and recognise when specialist support is required.
Substances hazardous to health can take many forms and include: chemicals, products containing chemicals, fumes, dusts, vapours, mists, nanotechnology, gases and asphyxiating gases and biological agents (germs).
If the packaging has any of the hazard symbols then it is classed as a hazardous substance.
Who should attend?
This COSHH Risk Assessment training programme is designed for Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders and Safety Representatives who may be actively involved in compliance with COSHH.
- Outline legal requirements for control of hazardous substances (COSHH, PPE, etc) and associated ACOP.
- Overview of occupational health risk.
- Outline general strategy for control of occupational health risks.
- Control strategies and the hierarchy of prevention and protection for hazardous substances.
- Exposure limits and control limits.
- Collecting Hazard data.
- Workplace monitoring requirements and techniques.
- Recording systems.
Venue: This course can be delivered at our accredited training centre or at your premises as a dedicated course.
Certification: Delegates successfully completing the course will receive a NTSS Certificate of Attendance.
Price: Contact us for a quote.