Duration: Half day
Maximum number of delegates: 10
CAT and Genny Course Overview:
The Cable Avoiding (Cat & Genny) training course provides both Operatives and Supervisors with the skills and knowledge to carry out cable avoidance work.
NTSS Training Courses
Training and testing for our NTSS courses is based around the NPORS structure. All our instructors are either NPORS or CPCS accredited and the training offered is up to the same standard. These courses/certifications are ideal for employees who require adequate training to ensure they can safely operate plant but don’t require a more recognized certification or where a CPCS or NPORS certification doesn’t exist.
Who should attend?
This Safe Use of Cable Avoidance Location Equipment training programme is designed for Operatives and Supervisors who have to locate underground apparatus for work on the roadways and highways.
- Basic principles of location and avoidance of underground services.
- Hazard identification and the risks associated with them.
- Reading and interpreting site plans.
- Practical use of equipment.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Identify potential risks to themselves and others.
- Read and understand site plans.
- Operate cable avoidance tools in order to avoid or locate underground apparatus.
Testing: For what to expect on your test day please click here.
Venue: This course can be delivered at our accredited training centre or at your premises as a dedicated course.
Certification: Delegates successfully completing the course will receive a Nationwide Training Certificate of Attendance.