As one of only a few companies in the UK that offer CPCS Hoist certification we have operators travelling from around the country (especially from London) to attend hoist training with us.
We are ideally located for individuals travelling to us with a train station only a few minutes away. We can also arrange transport from the train station to our centre if required.
Hoist Course Options
CPCS Red Trained Operator Card: If you are an experienced operator with this type of plant you may be able to undertake a 1 day theory and practical test without the need for training. See our CPCS Test Day page for information. For information on CPCS Novice training courses please scroll down.
CPCS Blue Cards and Renewals: Your CPCS Red card will be valid for 2 years after which you will need to apply for a CPCS Blue ‘Competent Operator’ Card which will last for 5 years. For more information on CPCS, how these accreditation’s work and how to renew please see the CPCS section of our website.
NPORS Certification: NPORS is becoming a much more recognised certification. We were delighted to be awarded our NPORS accreditation last year. If you are an experienced operator with this type of plant you will be able to undertake a 1 day theory and practical test without the need for training.
Testing can be delivered at our accredited training centre or at your premises as a dedicated 1 day course for up to 4 delegates. For more information on NPORS Practical and Theory testing click here. For information on NPORS Novice training courses please scroll down. To learn more about NPORS click here.
NTSS/CTA Certificate: We offer our own, in-house training and certification programme. These courses offer the same high standards of training and testing as with our accredited courses for a slightly lower cost. These courses are especially helpful if a CPCS qualification is not essential and the operator work will be generally undertaken on your own site.
If you are an experienced excavator operator with this type of plant you will be able to undertake a 1 day theory and practical test without the need for training. Testing can be delivered at our accredited training centre or at your premises as a dedicated course. For more information on NTSS Practical and Theory testing click here. For information on NTSS Novice training courses please scroll down.
Refresher and Novice Training
CPCS / NPORS / NTSS: This course takes 1 day with or without training.
Maximum number of delegates: CPCS x 3, NPORS x 4, NTSS x 4
To provide thorough practical and theoretical construction plant training in operating a mechanical hoist (either passenger/goods, good or both).
Upon completion of this course the delegates will be able to:
- Describe the nature of this sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant/equipment operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle hoist components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm competency in line with the manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Check the stability, alignment and all-round safety before use.
- Ensure that the relevant hoistway protection mechanism is in position before use.
- Check that all gates and safety devices function according to specification.
- Undertake all the hoist’s pre-use and on-going running checks.
- Check the emergency lowering functions.
- Explain precautions to be taken for overhead services and other construction site hazards.
- Load and unload materials following official manual handling requirements.
- Prepare the hoist for the required load(s) and/or passengers.
- Operate the plant machinery to the limits of operation both loaded and unloaded.
- Comply with signals and instructions.
- Explain the hoist’s working limitations.
- Place the plant equipment in an out-of-service condition, isolate it and secure it.
Once you have completed your training you will undertake your test day – click the appropriate link below for more information and what to expect on your test day.
Venue: CPCS courses can only be held at our accredited training centre. NPORS & NTSS/CTA Course can be delivered at NTSS Ltd training centre or at your premises as a dedicated course if you have the required plant available.
Certification: Delegates successfully completing the course will receive either a CPCS Red Trained Operator card, NPORS Certification or our NTSS/CTA Certificate of Attendance depending on the course you have chosen.
Course Requirement: For CPCS courses you will need to have passed a health and safety touch screen test within the 2 years prior to taking this course.
Course Fee: Please contact us for a quote.