Industrial Forklift Course Options
CPCS Red Trained Operator Card: If you are an experienced forklift operator with this type of plant you may be able to undertake a 1 day theory and practical test without the need for training. See our CPCS Test Day page for information. For information on CPCS Novice training courses please scroll down.
CPCS Blue Cards and Renewals: Your CPCS Red card will be valid for 2 years after which you will need to apply for a CPCS Blue ‘Competent Operator’ Card which will last for 5 years. For more information on CPCS, how these accreditation’s work and how to renew please see the CPCS section of our website.
NPORS Certification: NPORS is becoming a much more recognised certification. We were delighted to be awarded our NPORS accreditation last year. If you are an experienced operator with this type of plant you will be able to undertake a 1 day theory and practical test without the need for training.
Testing can be delivered at our accredited training centre or at your premises as a dedicated 1 day course for up to 4 delegates. For more information on NPORS Practical and Theory testing click here. For information on NPORS Novice training courses please scroll down. To learn more about NPORS click here.
NTSS/CTA Certificate: We offer our own, in-house training and certification programme. These courses offer the same high standards of training and testing as with our accredited courses for a slightly lower cost. These courses are especially helpful if a CPCS qualification is not essential and the operator work will be generally undertaken on your own site.
If you are an experienced excavator operator with this type of plant you will be able to undertake a 1 day theory and practical test without the need for training. Testing can be delivered at our accredited training centre or at your premises as a dedicated course. For more information on NTSS Practical and Theory testing click here. For information on NTSS Novice training courses please scroll down.
Training for Novice Operators
Course Duration: *
CPCS: 3 days (including 1 day for technical tests). A 1 day refresher course is also available.
NPORS: 5 days (including 1 day for technical tests).
NTSS: 2 days (including 1 day for technical tests).
*course duration depends on number of delegates on the course.
Maximum number of delegates: 3
To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating an Industrial Forklift Truck.
Upon completion of this course the delegates will be able to:
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use plant checks.
- Explain need and function of appropriate documentation.
- Configure and ready for travel.
- Travel to and manoeuvre in confined spaces (with and without loads).
- Configure and set for lifting and transferring duties.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Lift and remove various loads using the full working height of the forklift.
- Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations.
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle.
- Maintain safe working situations.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
Once you have completed your training you will undertake your test day – click the appropriate link below for more information and what to expect on your test day.
Venue: CPCS courses can only be held at our accredited training centre. NPORS & NTSS/CTA Course can be delivered at NTSS Ltd training centre or at your premises as a dedicated course if required plant is available for the training/testing.
Certification: Delegates successfully completing the course will receive either a CPCS Red Trained Operator card, NPORS certification or our NTSS/CTA Certificate of Attendance depending on the course you have chosen.
Course Requirement: To undertake a CPCS course you will need to have passed a health and safety touch screen test within the 2 years prior to taking this course.
Course Fee: Please contact us for a quote.