The course has the support of a number of organisations: Temporary Works Forum, CECA, Build UK, HSE and FMB. The support of these organisations offers transferability of the course within industry.
The course gives emphasis throughout to the importance of communication, co-ordination, co-operation and competency (the ‘4Cs’), risk management, safety and business relations.
This course allows the Temporary Works Supervisor (TWS) to:
- Understand the need for and duties of a Temporary Works Supervisor.
- Understand the role of others.
- Have a detailed knowledge and understanding of BS5975 in respect of this role.
- Temporary works are usually safety and business-critical and require careful supervision. An accepted way of achieving this is through the adoption of the management process outlined in BS5975 which introduces the Temporary Works Supervisor.
- This course explains the role and the overall management context within which it sits. High risk can occur on small as well as larger sites hence understanding the essentials of good safety risk management, as outlined in BS5975, is relevant for projects of all sizes.
This course is not a temporary works awareness course. It is only concerned with the process of the supervision of temporary works, commonly expressed through the role of the Temporary Works Supervisor. Attendance does not confer competency as a Temporary Works Supervisor; this comes from a mixture of education, training and experience and should be judged by an appropriate senior individual, usually referred to as the Designated Individual (DI). Training is considered an essential element of Temporary Works Supervisor competence.
Certification for this course is valid for 5 years. To remain certified in this area, you will need to retake the course before the expiry date.
- Continuous assessment. You need to attend the full course – see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements.
- Multiple-choice test.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU PROVIDE THE NAMES, DATES OF BIRTH OF ALL DELEGATES IN THE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SECTION WHEN BOOKING OR EMAIL THEM TO ENQUIRIES@NTSSERVICES.CO.UK .