The CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch screen test helps to raise standards across the industry and ensures workers have a minimum level of health, safety and environmental awareness.
It is necessary to have passed this test within 2 years prior to undertaking any CPCS test.
The HS&E test should be used as a stepping stone for employers and their workforce to develop their knowledge even further.
The HS&E / Touch Screen Test
All tests last for 45 minutes and have 50 multiple-choice questions including:
- 12 behavioural case study questions about how you should behave on a construction site to stay safe.
- 38 knowledge questions to check your awareness of health, safety and environment issues.
- Different tests have been developed to meet the demands of different trades and professions. You will need to make sure that you take and prepare for the right one.
If you are taking the CITB Health, safety and environment test to gain a card for access to construction sites please ensure you have checked the scheme requirements to apply for a card to ensure you are booking the correct level of test.
We offer the following tests at our site at £36 inc VAT per person. If you would like to take one of these tests please contact us.
1. Operative Test – including the behavioural case studies and the five core knowledge sections:
- Legal and management
- Health and welfare
- General safety
- High risk activities
2. Labourer Test including L1 award- The HS&E Labourer test is designed to support those candidates who have undertaken the Level 1 award in health and safety in a construction environment through a Cskills Awards (CSA) centre.
The test includes the behavioural case studies and five core knowledge sections listed above.