Ride on Roller Training
This course will give you foundation training and assessment in operating a ride on roller.
The CPCS Code for this course is A31.
Upon completion of this course the delegates will be able to:
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
Set the roller for site travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including undulating ground.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction.
- Set the roller for compaction duties.
- Prepare an area prior to compacting, i.e. traffic/personnel management etc.
- Compact different materials to given instructions.
- Compact up to supported and unsupported edges, against radii and around obstructions.
- Place the roller in an out-of-service condition.
- Recognise compacted and uncompact areas.
- State conditions that may cause instability of the roller.
- State safety procedures when working up to unsupported edges.
- Explain safety procedures when compacting on inclines.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
Once you have completed your training you will undertake your test day – click the appropriate link below for more information and what to expect on your test day.
Novice (recommended for delegates that have had some, limited or no experience with the machine): 2 Days
Refresher (recommended if the delegate is experienced with the machine. Refresher training will help to iron out any bad habits.): 1 Day
Test only (Recommended only if the delegate has recently undertaken a similar qualification in a different accreditation. No training or help will be given on the day.) 1 Day
Course Criteria: If you wish to undertake the CPCS training option you will need to have passed the health, safety & environment touch screen test within the last 2 year
CPCS courses can only be held at our accredited training centre.
NPORS & NTSS/CTA Courses can be delivered at the NTSS Ltd training centre or at your premises as a dedicated course if you have the required equipment and suitable training environment.
Delegates successfully completing the course will receive either a CPCS Red Trained Operator card, an NPORS Certification or our NTSS/CTA Certificate of Attendance depending on the course you have chosen.
How to Book / Upcoming Courses:
If we have courses scheduled they will be displayed below. To make a general enquiry about this course, or get a quote, complete the enquiry form below.