Pedestrian Operated Crane Options
CPCS Red Trained Pedestrian Operator Crane Card: If you are an experienced Pedestrian Operated Crane operator you may be able to undertake a 1 day theory and practical test without the need for training. See our CPCS Test Day page for information. For information on CPCS Novice training courses please scroll down.
CPCS Blue Cards and Renewals: Your CPCS Red card will be valid for 2 years after which you will need to apply for a CPCS Blue ‘Competent Operator’ Card which will last for 5 years. For more information on CPCS, how these accreditation’s work and how to renew please see the CPCS section of our website.
NPORS Certification: NPORS is becoming a much more recognised certification. We were delighted to be awarded our NPORS accreditation last year. If you are an experienced operator with this type of plant you will be able to undertake a 1 day theory and practical test without the need for training.
Testing can be delivered at our accredited training centre or at your premises as a dedicated 1 day course for up to 4 delegates. For more information on NPORS Practical and Theory testing click here. For information on NPORS Novice training courses please scroll down. To learn more about NPORS click here.
NTSS/CTA Certificate: We offer our own, in-house training and certification programme. These courses offer the same high standards of training and testing as with our accredited courses for a slightly lower cost. These courses are especially helpful if a CPCS qualification is not essential and the operator work will be generally undertaken on your own site.
If you are an experienced excavator operator with this type of plant you will be able to undertake a 1 day theory and practical test without the need for training. Testing can be delivered at our accredited training centre or at your premises as a dedicated course. For more information on NTSS Practical and Theory testing click here. For information on NTSS Novice training courses please scroll down.
Training for Novice Pedestrian Operated Crane Operators
CPCS: 5 days (including 1 day for technical tests).
NPORS: 3 days (including 1 day testing).
NTSS/CTA: 4 days (including 1 day testing). A 3 day refresher course is also available.
Maximum number of delegates: 3
This course will train you to operate and maintain pedestrian operated tower cranes safely.
- Operate the crane safely and productively.
- Respond to the recognised signals for controlling crane operations.
- Decide whether a particular load is within the capacity of the crane.
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine maintenance.
- Understand the capabilities of the equipment and any relevant safety precautions, including the out-of-service procedure.
- Operate safe-load indicators and overload warning devices.
- Understand the effect of the working radius on the lifting capacity of the machine.
- Secure, check and maintain counterweights.
- Gauge the effect of shock loading on structural strength and stability.
- Recognise the principles of safe slinging, the types and capacities of lifting gear, security and balance of load.
- Observe the statutory regulations in respect of lifting equipment and the operator’s own legal responsibilities.
Venue: CPCS courses can only be held at our accredited training centre. NPORS or NTSS/CTA Courses can be delivered at NTSS Ltd training centre or at your premises as a dedicated course assuming you have the required plant available for the duration of the course.
Certification: Delegates successfully completing the course will receive either a CPCS Red Trained Operator card, NPORS Certification or our NTSS/CTA Certificate of Attendance depending on the course you have chosen.
Course Requirement: For all CPCS courses you will need to have passed a health and safety touch screen test within the 2 years prior to taking this course.
Course Fee: Please contact us for a quote.